Friday, February 11, 2005

The Power of the Written Word...

I took one look at the snow that had fallen and decided not hit the gym. I did my hermitage thing with some home exercises and did some housework. I continued with writing practice. For aspiring writers of all levels I highly recommend Natalie Goldberg's WRITING DOWN THE BONES. It frees up your limitations to go ahead and put anything down on paper without pre-judgement. Writing is like anything else...The more you do it, the better you get. (Running, chess-playing, you name it.) I wanted to be all profound with some with some observations about media manipulation, taking sound-bites out of context, and the free-speech debate because of Professor Churchill from the University of Colorado...but that would involve mental calisthenics that I'm really not up for...Not to worry. I'm sure the dander will be raised before too long. I mean, look at our nation's socio-political climate. If you can think then you're gonna have opinions...I'm sure I'll be throwing some down before long... Be well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home