Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Northward Bound

I'm heading up to Quebec to visit my dad this morning. A five-and-a-half-hour ride...the iPod is charging. It's less of a ride more than a meditative journey...time stretches out into a timeless state until suddenly, I'm there...It'll be nice to get away from the airline melodrama... I have to say that I love the drive through Northern NH with unfamiliar music playing from a compact disc...something with some lyrical weight, with something to say. I feel like I'm connected to the world in this travel state. One life is connected to the other. Each town I pass through has its residents that know each other by name and village eccentrics...The dramas are similar but the locales are different. Including my dad's hometown. It'll be good to see him and his two dogs again... All for now...and best wishes to the Frumpy Professor and his mom. GaP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home