Sunday, May 08, 2005

Darren Stephens Was Played By TWO Actors...

Hello, Brian and Traci... Having taken Brian's apocalyptic warning with the utmost sincerity (That of Will Ferrell starring in a movie version of THE LAND OF THE LOST heralding in the latest Armageddon), would you not agree that he would more suited to the bumbling Darren Stephens in the upcoming is closer to the mark regarding his particular brand of comedy? And Nicole Kidman as Samantha...Pretty damned close to perfect casting. And I'm allowing myself to get excited about REVENGE OF THE SITH. George Lucas' one last shot at redeeming my childhood memories. I remember walking under the Bridge Street Bridge with a copy of Fantastic Films clutched to my chest. It boasted the first pics of RETURN OF THE JEDI...and they looked promising. The shot of Han Solo and company being taken prisoner in what looked like the California Redwood Forest. That was before I knew about Ewoks. And the bad Sid and Marty Krofft cartoon characters in Jabba's palace. And the sucky wooden acting in HUGE parts of the movie. (Hello, Mister Ford...You're the main culprit...) It was the beginning of the end for my chilhood innocence. This is when it can come full circle! Dare I hope? Thoughts, opinions, rants, theories? GaP

3 Comments:

Blogger PipeTobacco said...

Hello Sir!

I have not seen you post in some time. I wanted to let you know that I also enjoy films and agree with you about the Nicole Kidman role.

I am hopeful you will again be posting soon and that you will also stop by my blog again.

PipeTobacco

12:32 PM  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

Also, if it is acceptable with you, I would like to place a link for your blog onto my own blogsite. I am in the midst of some significant updating of my site and would like to include yours with your permission.

PipeTobacco

12:33 PM  
Blogger Bueller said...

I would be honored, sir. I just posted two entries reflecting current states of mind. Currently reading a short-story anthology entitled SHADOWS OVER BAKER STREET, stories combining the mythos of Sherlock Holmes and H.P. LOVECRAFT. (Interesting mix, eh wot?) Anyway, there was a story written in there entitled THE CASE OF THE WAVY BLACK DAGGER written by STEVE PERRY. His descriptions of filling, lighting, and smoking a pipe match your own accounts. He has to be a member of the Meerschaum Fraternity.
A good day to you...

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home