Sunday, June 19, 2005

Pulling A Ferris Bueller

Hello, David... I'm afraid I'm going to have to bail out on my visit on the 20th. I made an interior executive decision an hour before landing in Boston yesterday afternoon. I was calling in sick the next day. I had had ENOUGH. Please don't get me wrong. Nothing BAD happened...like me going BALLISTIC and spreading two cans of tomato juice over three rows of passengers...But I could feel my patience slipping and my exasperation growing. I kept my cool for the most part...but being nice to people who should be in a f--king mental ward or who could be considered socially maladapted was beginning to wear on me. I knew myself well enough to realize that I'd probably lose my shit if someone pressed the wrong mental buttons. After all, there are 250 of them and ONE of me. That's a LOT of personalities to adapt to. My patience is finite. So rather than take the risk, I'm taking a breather. Just thought you'd want to know. I will be over to visit in the not-too-distant future. Thanks for the invitation. It's encouraging to know that friendship goes both ways, you know? All The Best, my good chap...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home