Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Ferris Bueller As A Fictional Boyfriend?

Allison...Ferris Bueller...as in FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF. If you haven't seen it, rent it out. It's one of my favorite flicks of all time. I downloaded somepictures of him(played by Matthew Broderick). That misunderstanding arose when Ray said to my dad:"That's ---'s favorite guy."I think my dad pretty much suspects but would never say it out loud. I think the light-bulb went off two summers ago when, under the influence, my hand motions were getting a bit too effeminate. SINCE then, I've gotten these little clues that my dad suspects. Like the time one winter when my dad was sleeping in hischair(like YOUR dad) charging up for his late-nighthockey game viewing. Suddenly, he snorts awake,obviously from a dream and asked: "Hey, G---...Howcome you don't have no girlfriends, you?" I was gobsmacked. (Hard to imagine, I know.) I simply asked: "What?"Then he conveniently forgot the question. I don't know why I should worry. My relationship with my dad has only improved since my mother's death. But it would be nice if that little puzzle-piece would just slip into place and have done with it. But he has to accept this in his own way and on his own terms without being forced. I've considered writing him aletter...but I have a hunch this will be revealed one way or the other. Be nice if he just ASKED me. Butwhatever...Enclosed are some pics to jog your memory. By the way, REVENGE OF THE SITH is among the best of the StarWars films. Tell Scott to e-mail me his take on it...Rock on...GaP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home