Sunday, December 18, 2005

Am I A Sick Bastard?

I saw this piece on CNN about a Christmas display in HUNTER'S CREEK, Florida. It depicts Rudolph The Red-Nose Reindeer hanging gutted from a tree with the red lights dripping onto the snow representing his blood. Of course, it elicited the usual moral indignation in the neighborhood...but I thought it was hilarious, twisted as it was. Warped genius, actually...Guess the redneck dude and I would be having a few beers together in his deer-shack while the upstanding families in the neighborhood picketed, complained, or whatever it is that the morally self-righteous are wont to do. I remember several years back making a Christmas card which depicted Rudolph getting beaten up by Comet or one of the other reindeers while the others jeered off-camera. Stuff like, "What's the matter, Rudolph? Gonna CRRRRRyyyyyyyy?" and "Let's not let him play in any of our reindeer games!" On the inside I did this rant on how the Red Nosed Reindeer was a mutation and therefore ridiculed as a freak...UNTIL his freakishness could be put toward a useful purpose...ie lighting Santa's way at night as he piloted his sled across the world. Once Rudolph's gift or curse could be exploited by mainstream society...only THEN was he accepted. If I can scan it, I'll post it onto this entry... Wishing you all a relatively "normal" Christmas...GaP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home