Thursday, October 12, 2006

Responses to Science-Fiction Pop-Culture Apocalypse

You're not alone. I've had similar visions for the last twenty years. Lots of people have; where do you think those movies came from and why they're so popular? And yes, I'd say a LOT of it has to do with your "soul-deadening job". Traci will tell you, my dreams slowed down once I took up martial arts, and since I quit my job a few months back I've felt more empowered and optimistic than I have since childhood. Your mind is trying to tell you something G---. Listen!!! Brian PS: On the other hand, that must have been a really awesome dream! ----------------------------------------------------------------------- or maybe you just have an over-active imagination... ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Dr Roberts perscribes 2 ounces Cruzan Rum (dark) 4 times an hour for the next 22 years ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Actually Gar, I think your predicting what will happen if the Republicans win the next presidential election……. Just kidding…. In reality though – and dream analysis is not a specialty of mine, I think it has to do a lot with all of the things you mentioned. Being a flight attendant you are bound to be bombarded with all of the shite about unrest anyway. Even if you don’t seek it out (tv news, newspapers, etc.), right now in society we CAN’T ESCAPE IT! Passively it’s everywhere. Every time we hear someone say “let’s not forget 9/11” Brian and I scream at the tv “HOW CAN WE? YOU WON’T LET US!” The whole Transmetropolitan thing. Plus you do have a great imagination and you watch/read a lot of media that have to do with these things so it’s already in your subconscious. Then your brain is taking in all of this other apocalyptic stuff and then there’s the piece of yourself that apparently does feel that if you don’t change careers/”do something with your life” (you are, trust me, just not what you want)/spread your wings at least one more time (being that you’re in your 30’s now), that this is how life will turn out. What d’ya think? ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Gary, WoW, but your not the first! Relax in that thought. Things are happening all over the world. Get this: In the Middle East its being reported that Muslims in great numbers are being visited (appeared to) by Jesus. I'm not making this up. I heard it on the tube again yesterday. Why we get dreams (or visits) of such vividness, clarity and direction is imponderable. You have had enough signs (previous disclosure) that if I were you, I would request again (with humility) a clear direction. Consider the source possiblilities. Try this Ga--: If the dreams and circumstances bring you to a desire to seek the Lord for the answers, you may be experiencing the Big Hint. If they drive you away from Him and cause you lean on your own methods of understanding (been trying that) its less likely to be heavenly inspired. Additionally if the dream experience makes you angry, irritable or irrational that too may be a hint of the source. I dont know of many examples, if any, where these characteristrics, as evidenced by the outcome, proved to be from God. Also, all this could be from your fertile mind as fed by the world situation and your sci-fi interests. But God can use it all for his purpose. OK enough theology. Get down on your knees and pray Ga--. You have before I bet. Do it again and wait until you get an answer. Not literally for forever ( too long betweeen meals) but you get the intent. Don't give up asking. Ask Him what this is suppose to mean and if He blesses it. Sometimes that quiet still peace comes to a guy and the answer and direction are clear and peaceful. And sometimes just the next step is clear. As to direction, take a step out, start to prepare for a transition while you have the job. "Right Greg with my schedule I have lots of juice left and time" I hear ya and yes I know what you are or may be saying G---. But short of a clean financially destructive break I don't know any other way. Again, many do and its the self push they need. Only you know G--- and what will work. Of course, I'm thinking and advising from the place of being a Dad and husband. Keep me posted G--, Greg ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Have you considered sci-fi/fantasy writing? You have a great knack for creating visuals! Or maybe it’s just me…I tend to slip into fantasyland quite easily these days! Seriously, I have found more and more people with a general feeling of uneasiness, since we have torn apart the middle east. Whether it is revelation coming to pass, history repeating itself, or just self-ignited by your wish to break out of the rut you feel around you, it is certainly for real. I am facing similar questions, as I have been forced out of my job (see attached brochure…may have to print it to read easier) and am uncertain about pursuing yet another kitchen to hold together. I like the legal profession, in particular labor law, as it would give me a chance to help people that got screwed the way I did. However to undertake such a change while approaching age 50, is a fairly daunting task! Being a grownup really does suck, doesn’t it superman? I try to free my worried mind with music and laughter, and it still works great, if only for the moment it is in. Watching Jon Stewart (and his antithesis, Colbert) helps, he says out loud what everyone is thinking, making me feel a bit less alone. I feel sure that history will expose W and co. for what he/it is, a mechanism of the Project For A New American Century (look it up), the likes of which are at least as scary as Mein Kampf. Unfortunately, the damage is being done now, and hindsight may not be enough to save us. I saw the CSN&Y tour (twice) this summer. Besides being wonderfully nostalgic, it was heartbreaking that the songs written during Vietnam were pertinent right now. We have not learned a thing. The entire tour was a protest movement, Neil Young’s baby I presume, and it was, again, good to know I wasn’t alone. Keep the faith, my old friend, and the right path will open to you. Peace, Natalie ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- G--! Wow! That's quite a scenario. Give me some time to ponder this one. Unlike Jackson, I think there is something here that doesn't need to be medicated with Glenfiddich ... although any excuse to imbibe shouldn't be ignored. So, is it a personal journey; a Joseph Campbell "Hero's Journey?" Are you having Nostradamus flashes? Is there room in northern Quebec for me after the "bigs ones" start lighting up? Let me read this a couple more times. I'll get back to you in a few days. R. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Well G--, Don't quite know how to answer this one, but as I am a lover of quotes I always remember this one. " Leap and the net will appear" make of this what you will but I live by the adage that there is always a solution. Love always May ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home