Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Perfect Day With My Loved One

Bill had an appointment to change the oil in his car. It was going to be a long wait so we decided to walk over to Barnes and Noble to browse around. We had to stop at Wal-Mart so he could buy a hat to cover his right ear. He has a recurring ear-infection problem. We did our thing(and made a killing on some DVD's...but one television season on DVD, get one free...I got myself THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO SEASONS 2 AND 3. And the complete original (British) version of THE OFFICE along with the complete FAWLTY TOWERS.) I know I'm trying to save some cash but that's a good DEAL! Anyway, on the way back to the car dealership, Bill started to have problems with his ear again. His equilibrium was being affected. So I held on to his arm as we slowly made our way down the hill. I was happy to be there for him... We've been hiding from the howling winter winds, watching SEASON 1 of 24. The heat of the woodstove was making us drowsy...We took a nap. We lay there in bed, enjoying the quiet, the warmth of each other's company. We lay side-by-side, our hands joined together. I never thought I would be the one to say that love IS worth it. Especially when it's REAL and when it's based on kindness and respect. There's only one Bill...and I'm very happy with him...GaP

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we must have a psychic movie connection! i almost bought Fawlty Towers this weekend. And I had just bought "Once upon a time in the West" before you mentioned it.

How romantic, I am jealous of you and Bill with that wood burning stove! I hope you will have a long and happy relationship together! Maybe someday the Democrats will grow some balls and let you get married if you want too.

"Best in show" is one of my favorite movies, they should have made the Philedephia couple from Seattle though. They fit the Seattle stereotype.
Where's your buzz bee? *grin*

ps - I made a silly photo blog
www.steelcorset.blogspot.com

I wish we could pull "Frumpy Professor" out of his funk. I'm pretty much going blind, but other then getting diagnosed, there's nothing I can do about it. I know I can't keep crying about it.

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home