Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Brand New Day?

I'm going to hand over the body of my blog to The Frumpy Professor...In HIS blog, >http://frumpyprofessor.blogspot.com/< he articulates perfectly why I really don't care much for our current Commander-In-Chief...Maybe with the Democrats holding power in at least ONE house(not sure about the Senate yet), maybe we can see some positive, intelligent change? -----------------------------------------
Wonderful Election Results I am extraordinairly pleased with the results of the election thus far. Please do not get me wrong... while I tend to lean towards a Democratic/Libertarian bent on most issues, I am not oppossed to Republicans, and find some of their ideas valuable and insightful. The reason why I am pleased today, though, is that the nation has effectively castrated the most foolish, unthinking president we have ever elected in my entire life. I dislike Bush not because he is Republican... on the contrary, there have been many Republican presidents who were very worthwhile.... T. Roosevelt, Lincoln, and Nixon did good jobs for our nation. The biggest problem I have with G.W. Bush is that he is what I call a "proud anti-intellectual". He likes to flaunt his lack of insight, his lack of understanding. He seems to relish his stumbling, mangled speech patterns. He is a "good old boy" of long standing who takes on the lifestyle of the unthinking, idle rich who sit back, hands clapsed behind their head (usually in some sort of muddied stupor), looking down at the masses and criticize them for their lot. They then hire others to make their decisions for them. He is also the sort who "thinks" anything involving thought and or analysis is beneath them. Bush is a bad president because he does not think. And, because he dislikes others who DO think. PipeTobacco 9:20 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger PipeTobacco said...

[grin]

Thank you sir, for quoting me.

PipeTobacco

12:59 AM  
Blogger Bueller said...

Professor...You are very articulate, my friend...I'm sure you must be an excellent instructor in the halls of higher learning...

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home